Monday, March 26, 2007

The Emperors New hustle

Actually, I have no hustle, to tell the truth I’m not even an Emperor*, I just thought the title sounded cool.

I’ve been off the alcohol for a total of 5 nights now, the weekend was particularly hard. I had to assure some of the local neighborhood bars and liquor stores, that it’s only a temporary thing, while I take some Detox tablets, to get rid of all the toxins in my body. I had to assure them that this is being done to make room for all the toxins and unhealthy stuff I am going to fill myself up with this summer.

This non-alcohol thing is really hard. I mean mornings are that much easier to deal with, but the nights are just awful.

I really feel like having a drink ryt now, but I can’t. Had a frustrating day at work, The Knicks lost (again), I lost my headset, and some person who shall remain nameless (Pinky) makes fun of me on my instant messenger when I am not at home!

I don't know how many more nights of this soberness I can take, my whole world is falling apart. I saw Star Wars Episode 1 sober for the first time, and I have come to the sad conclusion that not only is it not a classic, but one of the most pathetic movies I have ever seen. Now I will never be able to take Jar-Jar Binks or George Lucas seriously, ever again!


* Yet

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to a newer cleaner you! keep strong with all those pills and water you have to take in.

    i'll eat organic food in solidarity.

    see you when i get back tu!

    mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing nicely with the evil monkey....honest! Keep up with the sobriety, remember you can now say "I'm a teetotaller" with an Irish accent....that should keep you occupied for a day or so.... might I recommend the joys of herbal teas? ;) take care and stay strong! have a banana

    ReplyDelete