Friday, April 2, 2010

The sea is radioactive..

"The Sea Is Radio Active..."

A line from a Gorillaz song, from the album "Plastic Beach"..

Great album I recommend YOU buy it!

The concept of the album, is that we live in a fake plastic world, capitalism, consumerism.. The kind of place where captain planet is loosing... (yeah.. you get it!)
I love the album, because it made me step outside of my comfort zone. It's a fusion of rock, hip hop, dance and just, well.. just stuff!

moving on...

I know a girl... I used to date her, broke up with her... Somewhere along the line, I really fell in love with her. I think we broke up just as things where getting deep.. but remained good friends after.

I met another woman last year, she has 3 kids, an amazing artist.. Luckily I got to be one of the first people to listen to her new album "New Amerykah Part Two: return of the Ankh"... I always thought Erykah Badu was an amazing artist, that dictated her own path.. Shoot, most of the people I Listen to are real artists!

The only reason why I am writing about these particular artists today is..

1. It's Thursday
2. I'm a little intoxicated
3. you're dumb ass is still reading this so you have nothing better to do
4. Ms Badu started a discussion about #groupthink (group thinking) on twitter, and how there is very little individualism left in the world.
5. YOU are still reading this, and are evidently lacking a meaningful life

I always considered myself as one of those people that just did for himself (at least as far as art, music etc goes)... On my train ride home, the Gorrilaz song "Superfast Jellyfish" came on and immediately afterwards my ipod decided to play Erykah's "Fall In Love (Your Funeral)"..

You can call it what you will... I saw it as a moment of clarity, Decided to bbm the woman i love a message and just straight say "I love you.." The #groupthink would say it was probably a bad idea to do so.. Shoot I probably think so too.. One of those rare moments in life, where u are like fuck what is considerd right or wrong.

But it just feels good, doing you're own thing, dictating your own rules, making you're own moves!


The imagery on our Plastic Beach is amazing...

I was never really a part of it but, now i have decided to totally dissasociate myself from this mess!

3 comments: