Monday, July 9, 2007

When I grow up…. Or go on vacation.

I just wana chill.

A little known family secret is that was when The Tung was but a Wee little lad, His Grade one Teacher Ms Nancy*, asked him to draw what he wanted to be when he grows up, so that it could be put in his schools year book.

Some in his class drew themselves as nurses, policemen, and princesses, one or two weirdo’s drew themselves as witches. Having limited drawing abilities and a lack of an imagination**, The Tung decided to draw what he always Drew…..a car.

It’s been Twenty or so years since and with a little therapy, I think It’s now safe to say, The Tung No longer want’s to be a car. I saw an episode of Knight Rider recently and was not impressed by KIT, and parking in my neighborhood. Is a nightmare. / ticket in waiting. Instead, the Tung has decided he want’s to be like this guy that hangs out in his local Starbucks.

The guy dresses like he is on the runway, or a music video, and stands out cus he is black. Thing is he is always posing, like he is having his picture taken. Sometimes, he is standing outside starbucks smoking a cigarette, some times, he is sitting inside posing, I guess that would be cool if he had a laptop with him, or better yet reading something. He is always there, just chilling, posing. I see him on my morning starbucks run. I see him, on my mid afternoon Starbucks run. Thing is I always see him, and I don’t do starbucks that much nowadays cus it’s hot right now, but everytime I go I see him. I think he spends more time there than the people that work there. My current theory right now is that he has no air conditioning at home.

It just amazes me how this guy apparently doesn’t have a life! He just gets up in the morning and goes to chill in Starbucks all-day.

This is why black people get a bad rap.

I conclusion I also wana chill all-day too!!!***.

And steal glasses by night.







* My first crush

** AS you can see by this blog

*** This is not to say, that I do not currently dress up in my suit and tie go to work, and just pose like I am being productive, all day.

3 comments:

  1. Tu, before you accuse me again of withholding Starbucks information...they actually serve these drinks, they are called ICED drinks, as in ICED COFFEE, ICED LATTE etc, so you can still make multiple "runs" a day, even when it is 95 degrees in New York City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tj has a point my friend....... starbucks serves a multitude of iced drinks saka your story yekutadza kuenda because its hot is not valid. Its ok, unongogona hako kutaura kuti zvinodhura so you can only afford to go once or twice a week or something mildly believable........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinkerdopolopolous...how does this tag thing work. I'm confused. But more importantly, when you grow up are you buying me a pony?

    ReplyDelete